Can you relate to any of the following?
- Pain or tenderness in your jaw, face, neck, or area surrounding you ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth
- Frequent morning headaches
- A popping or clicking sound when you chew, especially if you chew on one particular side of your mouth
- A tired feeling in your face
- Your jaw “locks” in to position
- Toothaches, headaches, ringing in the ears, or hearing problems
All of the above symptoms can be signs of TMJ disorder. The temporomandibular joint is the hinge that connects the jaw to the temporal bones of the skull to allow the jaw to move up, down, and side to side. The movements are necessary for chewing, speaking, laughing, and yawning. Many people suffer from symptoms that seem unrelated to TMJ disorder and do not have them checked out. For instance, many people do not associate the ringing sound that they hear in their ears with TMJ, but it is a very common symptom.
At Pure Dental Health, we are a comprehensive dental practice that offers relief from your TMJ discomfort and pain. Our doctors are committed to helping patients find the correct treatment in order to alleviate their symptoms. Correct diagnosis is necessary in order to treat the cause of this disorder. We use the latest in technology and dental techniques to relieve painful symptoms to help you regain a quality of life that you have been missing.
If you are looking for a comprehensive dental practice to trust here in the Atlanta area, Pure Dental Health is here for you. Our practice is currently accepting new patients, and we look forward to getting to know you and helping you take care of your smile.
Posted on behalf of