Infected or damaged teeth can be extremely painful and put your health at risk. Root canal therapy can relieve the pain of an infected tooth, saving your tooth from further deterioration and possible extraction. If you have a painful tooth, come see the experienced team at Pure Dental Health in Buckhead. We are your source for excellent, gentle dental care near Druid Hills.
- What occurs during a root canal?
- When a tooth is damaged from trauma, decay or multiple dental treatments, the interior of the tooth can be at risk for infection. If infection or an abscess occurs, it can put pressure on the nerve in the center of the tooth, causing pain and damage. A root canal removes the damaged or infected pulp and nerve root from the interior of the tooth. The interior canal of the tooth is disinfected before it is repacked with a sterile material and sealed. After the root canal, a dental crown is often placed on the tooth to protect the weakened structure from future damage.
- Is there pain during root canal therapy?
- Root canal therapy is used to stop pain, not cause it. The procedure is not painful. Your tooth will be numbed and once the nerve root and infection is removed, there will not be any more severe pain. Root canals and cavity removal have a similar level of discomfort - very mild. At Pure Dental Health, we offer sedation options for our patients that prefer a higher level of relaxation during their root canal treatment.
- Is root canal therapy the only choice for an infected tooth?
- If you want to stop the infection and save a severely infected tooth, root canal therapy is often the only choice. Left untreated, the infection can damage the nerve root and put you at risk of other health problems. In most cases, those with a severely abscessed or infected tooth only have two choices: root canal or extraction. To find out if root canal therapy is the best option for your painful tooth, call our office to schedule an exam – we will go over your options for clearing the infection and stopping the pain.
- Tell me why I should choose Pure Dental Health?
- If you want personalized, expert dental care in a spa-like environment, you will love the services we provide at Pure Dental Health. Forget anything you remember about dental offices and come experience a new kind of dental care. Our team is friendly, kind and knowledgeable, taking the time to get to know each of our patients on a personal level. We provide excellent dental care, from your regular checkups to dental implants and cosmetic dentistry. Your comfort and health are our top priorities.
On top of excellent patient care, you will find that Pure Dental Health has some extra benefits when you visit our office. It starts with valet parking, an internet bar and a tasty beverage station for your enjoyment. We have extended hours for your convenience and flexible payment options. When you come in for treatments like root canals, you can relax with a warm blanket, put on a pair of wireless headphones and watch a show on the flat screen TV. We even have hot, scented towels to refresh your face before you leave. We want every patient to feel comfortable and relaxed when they visit us.
Do not live with the pain of an infected tooth. Come see our compassionate dental team at Pure Dental Health near your home in Druid Hills, for relief from your painful tooth. We offer gentle root canals at our office in Buckhead and we accept most dental insurance plans. Contact us today.