If you are experiencing pain from an infected or abscessed tooth, root canal therapy can stop the pain and restore your tooth to health. At Pure Dental Health, we offer effective root canals for our patients in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area. Our friendly, compassionate team will repair your tooth, stop the pain and ensure your comfort during the procedure in our beautiful, modern dental office in Buckhead.
- When is a root canal required?
- If a tooth is damaged, severely decayed or has undergone multiple dental procedures, the interior of the tooth can become infected. The center, or root canal, contains the pulp and nerve root of the tooth. Trauma, decay, large fillings and other factors can irritate the nerve root, causing pain, infection and abscesses. This can endanger the health of the tooth and your health. Root canal therapy can remove the infected pulp and damaged nerve root to save the tooth and stop the pain.
- What does a root canal entail?
- When a tooth is infected or damaged within the interior root canal, it can be necessary to remove the infected pulp and nerve. During a root canal procedure, the endodontist removes the pulp and nerve within this interior chamber. Once disinfected, the tooth is repacked with sterile material and sealed. The tooth can be vulnerable to damage due to the weakened structure, so a dental crown is placed over the tooth for protection.
- I heard root canals are painful. Is that true?
- Root canal therapy has often been associated with pain, but it is not the procedure that is painful. The infection is what causes pain when it presses on the nerve in the center of the tooth. In truth, root canals are not painful; they stop the pain. The discomfort level is comparable to having a cavity filled. For those with dental anxiety during dental treatments, Pure Dental Health offers sedation dentistry options to help you relax while we perform your root canal.
- What will happen if I choose not to have a root canal?
- Unfortunately, if you have an infected tooth that does not get treatment, it may need to be extracted.
- What can I expect when I come to Pure Dental Health for my treatment?
- Not only do we provide excellent, quality oral care, but we also strive to make every one of our patients feel relaxed and comfortable when they come to us for dental treatment. Our office is full of amenities to make your visit enjoyable, starting with valet parking and a complimentary beverage bar. Relax with our warm blankets and enjoy a show on the flat-screen TVs through noise-canceling headphones. Refresh your face with a hot, scented towel after your treatment. We want you to leave our office feeling like you just went to a spa, not a dental office.
Pure Dental Health is your source for excellent care in the greater Atlanta area. We are happy to provide dental care for the following communities:
If you are experiencing pain from an infected or damaged tooth, visit our experienced team at Pure Dental Health. We accept most insurance plans and have payment options for your convenience. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.