Root canals are the best option to treat and stop pain from infected teeth. At Pure Dental Health, we offer endodontics, or root canal therapy, for our patients in Roswell, Buckhead and the greater Atlanta area. Our dental professionals can repair your infected tooth in a caring, comfortable atmosphere. We provide a spa-like atmosphere combined with the latest in dental technology for an improved experience for our patients.
- What do root canals treat?
- Root canals are performed by an endodontist, an expert in treating the interior or pulp of teeth. Root canals are used to remove the pulp and nerve root inside the tooth if there is severe decay, infection or damage that is affecting the interior of the tooth. Severe pain can occur when the interior of the tooth is penetrated by decay or bacterial infection. Root canals remove the source of the pain and stop infection that can lead to abscesses and tooth loss.
- I heard root canals are painful. Is that true?
- This is a myth. Root canals are the treatment needed to stop severe pain, not the cause of pain. Root canals remove the decayed pulp and infection from inside the tooth that press on the nerve in the center of the tooth. The nerve root is also removed, which is the center of the tooth pain. Root canals are not painful; the tooth is numb during the procedure and only a slight tenderness may remain after the anesthesia wears off. The pain from the tooth infection will be gone.
- Will I need recovery time after my root canal?
- There is usually no down time needed after a root canal. Because extensive work is done on the tooth, it may be tender, but over-the-counter medications can dissipate any discomfort. Our team will give you instructions on how to care for your tooth after your procedure, but you should be back to your regular routine the next day.
- What happens to infected teeth if a root canal is not performed?
- Often a root canal is the only way to save a severely infected tooth. If abscesses form, the nerve root can be impacted, virtually killing the tooth. A root canal removes the source of the pain and infection, stopping the progression of infection.
- Will my tooth look and feel the same after the root canal?
- Once the root canal is finished, the tooth structure is weakened. A dental crown is usually placed on the tooth to protect it from damage. Your teeth may feel a little different for a few days after the procedure, since the nerve root is gone; but with a secure dental crown, it will look and function like normal.
- Does Pure Dental Health provide comprehensive dental care?
At Pure Dental Health, we want to care for all your oral health needs. We provide general dentistry services like root canals, exams and repairs, as well as cosmetic, restorative and sedation dentistry. We have you covered for a healthy, beautiful smile. We accept most dental plans and have payment plans available; we also have extended hours for your convenience. You will love the level of dental care you receive and enjoy many other benefits. Some of our amenities include:
- Tasty beverage station
- Internet bar
- Flat screen TVs
- Noise-canceling headphones
- Valet parking
- Hot, scented towels
- Warm blankets
If you have an infected or damaged tooth that needs a root canal, please contact Pure Dental Health today. We accept new patients from Roswell, Buckhead and throughout the Atlanta area.