There is no reason to live with the pain of an infected tooth. Pure Dental Health offers root canal therapy that can relieve the pain of tooth infections and other interior tooth damage. Our friendly dental experts at our office near Sandy Springs offer gentle root canals in a comfortable, relaxing environment.
- When is a root canal necessary?
- Most root canal therapy is recommended when infection or an abscess is present within the tooth. This can cause severe pain when the inflammation presses on the nerve. This infection can be caused by damage to the tooth such as a crack, chip or other types of trauma. It can also begin from decay reaching the interior pulp of the tooth. Once the exterior of the tooth is compromised, infection can infiltrate the tooth’s root canal that contains the pulp and nerve of the tooth.
- How does root canal therapy repair tooth infection?
- Root canal therapy involves removing the pulp and nerve root inside of the tooth when it is damaged or infected. The top of the tooth is removed and the material inside the tooth is cleared; then the chamber is disinfected. This stops the infection and pain. The tooth is sterilized and packed with a filling material, then sealed.
- Will my tooth be functional after a root canal?
- Since the interior of the tooth is removed during the root canal, the structure is weakened. To protect the tooth, a dental crown is placed over the tooth to prevent further damage. At Pure Dental Health, we can create a beautiful dental crown that looks natural and is completely functional to cover your tooth after the root canal is complete.
- Are root canals painful?
- The root canal procedure is not painful. If you have had a cavity filled, you have experienced discomfort similar to that of a root canal procedure. The tooth is numbed during the procedure, so you will not feel any pain while Dr. Scott performs your root canal. If you prefer sedation, we have options available at our office to relax you during your treatment. After you go home, you may have a little tenderness around the tooth from the procedure, but the pain of the infection will be gone.
- Are there other options to treat tooth infections?
- A severe tooth infection can destroy a tooth and put your health in danger. Root canals are usually the only way to save a tooth when infection has reached the inner portion of the tooth. The only other option for severe infections is tooth extraction. A root canal can preserve your natural tooth and smile, which is always the best option when possible.
- Why should I choose Pure Dental Health for my root canal?
- Do you want a comfortable, friendly dental office that has a spa-like atmosphere? Then you will enjoy coming to Pure Dental Health for your root canal and all your oral health needs. Our team focuses on personalized care for our patients while providing extra comfort amenities to make you feel at home. When was the last time you went to a dentist that offered valet parking, an internet bar, refreshing beverages, treatment rooms with flat screen TVs, warm blankets and scented towels? We have all that and more. It is our way of making our patients feel at ease while they get the best dental care available in the Atlanta area.
If you live in Sandy Springs and need a quality dentist for root canal therapy, contact Pure Dental Health today for an appointment. We offer extended hours and accept most types of dental insurance.