Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Schedule Your Appointment!
Marietta Wisdom Teeth Removal
At Pure Dental Health, we want all our patients to have a healthy, beautiful smile for a lifetime. In most cases, we do everything in our power to retain natural teeth for the best oral health. However, leaving wisdom teeth in your mouth is not always the best option when it comes to your smile. If you have wisdom teeth that are causing you pain or other problems, our experienced, caring dental team offers gentle wisdom teeth removal in our office in Buckhead for residents in Marietta or East Cobb.
- How are wisdom teeth different than other molars?
- Wisdom teeth are different than most of your other teeth. Most permanent teeth are in place by the teen years, including the first and second set of molars. At this point, any orthodontic issues can be addressed, with many teens wearing braces to straighten their teeth or adjust their bite. Then, 5-10 years later, four large molars, the wisdom teeth, arrive. Unfortunately, there is often little room left for this third set of molars and that is when the problems begin.
- Why do wisdom teeth cause oral problems?
- Wisdom teeth are notorious for attempting to grow into a mouth that is ill-equipped to accommodate these molars. While some people do receive their wisdom teeth with no issues, that is not always the case. When these molars cannot fit into the last spots on the upper and lower set of teeth, they can try to grow a different direction. When this happens, they can become impacted, growing sideways, forward or backward, or not coming through the gum line at all.
- What problems are caused by impacted wisdom teeth?
- When wisdom teeth become impacted, several problems can occur. First, many people experience pain when these teeth try to grow where they were not meant to go. They can push against existing teeth or the jaw bone. Expensive orthodontic or bridgework can be damaged by these teeth as they arrive. There is also a risk of infection, cysts, inflammation, oral hygiene issues and even loss of bone in the jaw. In many cases, it is in the best interest of the patient to have these teeth extracted to prevent these issues.
- Will the procedure be safe and stress-free?
- At Pure Dental Health, we put our patients’ health first, with comfort a close second. We know that tooth extraction is never a fun ordeal to go through, but we make it as stress and pain free as possible. We start by explaining the procedure in detail so you know exactly what to expect. Our experienced dentists will closely inspect your wisdom teeth and x-rays to ensure that the procedure goes as smoothly as possible. We want to hear your questions and give you answers to put your mind at ease. Sedation is available, including IV sedation where you can sleep while we perform the wisdom teeth removal surgery. Oral sedation and nitrous oxide are also options. You will be given clear instructions for your care after your procedure so that you will heal as quickly as possible.
- Why choose Pure Dental Health for wisdom teeth removal?
- When it comes to wisdom teeth removal, you want a competent, experienced dentist in a calming environment. We have both at Pure Dental Health. Our office is designed to be soothing and put our patients at ease. In addition, you will enjoy our many amenities, from valet parking when you arrive to a hot scented towel to refresh your face before you leave. Enjoy a coffee from our beverage station or stay connected through our internet bar when you come in for your appointment – we want you to feel at home.
Do not live with wisdom teeth problems or pain. Call our team at Pure Dental Health to find out if removing your wisdom teeth is in the best interest of your health. We accept most dental plans and will help you file your insurance claims. No insurance? No problem. We have an in-house financing option for our patients that need to make payments. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.