Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Buckhead Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth are the last molars to arrive, usually making an appearance in the late teens or early twenties. This third set of molars is not always a welcomed event; often there is limited room left for these final teeth, causing a plethora of dental issues. At Pure Dental Health in Buckhead, we offer caring wisdom teeth removal when these last molars are causing pain, alignment issues or other dental problems.
- Why are wisdom teeth a problem?
- While some people may have wisdom teeth that come in straight and with very little pain or problems, others are not so lucky. If these last molars begin to grow in crooked, they can push up against existing teeth causing alignment issues. They can also grow in sideways or become impacted in gums. When problems arise with wisdom teeth, pain, infection or inflammation can occur. It can also lead to bone loss and other long term issues.
- How will I know when it is time to have them removed?
- We can monitor you or your teen’s wisdom teeth as they begin to emerge and alert you if there are any problems. If they are not growing straight or there is not enough room in your mouth to accommodate these last molars, we can discuss removal to prevent any further dental issues. The good news is that our professional team at Pure Dental Health can resolve wisdom teeth problems through gentle removal right in our comfortable office. You don’t need to go elsewhere to have it done.
- Why have wisdom teeth removed if there isn’t a problem?
- At Pure Dental Health, we always strive to help our patients retain their natural teeth whenever possible. Our goal is to help you enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile that will last a lifetime through preventive and general dentistry techniques. However, wisdom teeth can be the exception to the rule. Often times these teeth can cause harm to your existing teeth and your health. If this is the case, we can proactively offer wisdom teeth removal that will prevent common issues that are caused by these final molars.
- What should I expect the day of my appointment?
- We understand that tooth extractions are no one’s favorite activity. To make the experience easier, we offer a comfortable atmosphere with many amenities to help you relax. Enjoy a beverage or connect to our internet bar while you wait for your appointment. Once one of our friendly team brings you back for your dental treatment, we will make sure you a comfy with a cozy blanket and pillow. Dr. Scott will take the time to explain the procedure and what to expect during your wisdom tooth removal. Feel free to ask any questions you may have or express your concerns.
- Is wisdom tooth extraction painful?
- Many patients prefer to have sedation for extractions. Dr. Scott will explain the options for sedation, including nitrous oxide and IV sedation. With sedation dentistry, you can relax during your procedure with no pain or stress. Enjoy the flat screen TV or sound cancelling headset while we perform your wisdom tooth removal. Afterward, we will give you a warm, scented towel to refresh your face before you go home. Our team will also explain the best way to care for your extraction site after your appointment for quick healing.
- Where do I go for wisdom teeth problems?
- At Pure Dental Health, we offer both proactive wisdom tooth removal and extractions of any molars that are causing you pain or problems. Our experienced team will make you comfortable while we repair your wisdom tooth issue and help you gain your oral health. Contact our office to schedule an exam and consultation with our dental experts to learn more about our services. We offer payment options and accept many forms of dental insurance for our patients in Buckhead.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.
Contact Pure Dental Health TODAY to schedule your exam through our online scheduling form or call us at (404) 842-7200. We are ready to help!