Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Atlanta Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars to emerge. Unfortunately, wisdom teeth are known for causing more harm than good. Due to lack of jaw space, it is common for these back molars to erupt sideways or become impacted, leading to an extraction. This can lead to a number of disruptive dental problems, ranging from misalignment and infection to painful jaw cysts and surrounding bone loss. Removing the wisdom teeth can be a proactive approach to protecting your oral health.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
When it comes to wisdom teeth removal and teeth extractions in Atlanta, you can trust Pure Dental Health for superior, patient-centered care. Dr. Scott is a highly skilled dentist who can determine if wisdom teeth removal would benefit your future smile health. Our office proudly offers comprehensive restorative dentistry in the most comfortable and rewarding ways possible.
At Pure Dental Health, our wisdom teeth procedures are carried out with minimal patient discomfort. Not only do we provide a spa-like atmosphere for our patients, but we also offer advanced methods to keep you relaxed during your procedure. Dr. Scott is qualified to administer both nitrous oxide as well as IV Sedation.
- When should I have my wisdom teeth removed?
- Wisdom teeth removal is typically performed in patients who are in their late teens or early 20’s. Wisdom teeth can be removed either proactively or reactively, depending on the circumstances. In some cases, these teeth pose no problems to your existing oral health. However, for many others, pain, inflammation, bone loss, problems cleaning, and alignment issues can result from allowing them to remain. However, it is never too late to get your wisdom teeth extracted, especially if they are causing pain.
- How long does it take to recover?
- After your procedures, we will explain any post-operative instructions that will accelerate healing and reduce your discomfort. In most cases, the recovery period is only a few days.
- What if my wisdom teeth haven’t come in yet?
- For those that have not had their wisdom teeth come in yet, your doctor can monitor their progress and determine whether they should be proactively removed. Using regular x-rays in conjunction with panoramic xrays to view their growth and formation, you doctor may recommend they be removed. This can occur for a few different reasons, including inflammation, infection, sinus issues, growth problems or impacted wisdom teeth.
- My wisdom teeth don’t hurt. Why have them removed?
- If you are an adult that already has their wisdom teeth, you may think you are in the clear. Unfortunately, that is not always case. Even if you had no problems with your wisdom teeth emerging, they can still cause problems later in life. Wisdom teeth are notoriously difficult to keep clean due to their location. They can also affect bridgework or other dental treatments. They do not need to be painful to be an issue; they could be increasing your chance of gum disease and bone loss without any noticeable symptoms.
- What are my payment options?
- Contact Pure Dental Health today to schedule your exam at our office to determine whether extracting your wisdom teeth is necessary. Let us know what dental insurance you carry and we will check to see if it is one of the many we accept. For those without adequate coverage or no insurance at all, financing is available for your convenience.
- Where can I find wisdom teeth removal in the Fulton area?
- It is never too late to have your wisdom teeth removed. Dr. Scott can examine your back molars and offer recommendations regarding removal. If they are causing pain or discomfort, have cavities or are causing inflammation, it may be in your best interest to have them removed before they cause any more damage to your oral or general health. We service families from Atlanta and Fulton, as well as these other cities:
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.