Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Roswell Wisdom Teeth Removal
Maintaining a healthy smile sometimes includes removing problem teeth. The most common teeth that need to be extracted are the wisdom teeth. These final molars that show up at adulthood can cause a variety of issues that can be painful and risky to your health. Pure Dental Health near Roswell offers gentle wisdom teeth removal for our patients that want to maintain their healthy smiles.
- Why are wisdom teeth more difficult than most?
- Timing is everything and these third molars are late bloomers that often have little room to grow. Our ancestors may have lost a few teeth before these last molars came in, leaving plenty of room for them in the mouth. However, with good oral hygiene and dental care, most people still have all their teeth when these molars arrive between the ages of 17-25. If there is limited room for them, they tend to become impacted and cause many oral health issues.
- So what happens when wisdom teeth become impacted?
- It depends on the person and situation. In some cases, it is very painful and infection can occur. For others, there is no pain or immediate issues beyond the molars that have nowhere to go. These impacted molars can grow toward the front of the mouth, toward other teeth or at a ninety-degree angle. If they push up against other teeth, they can cause alignment issues and even undo orthodontic or bridgework.
- Do you need to have wisdom teeth removed?
- Some people get their wisdom teeth with no problems at all. They grow in straight, with plenty of room and that is the end of the story. For many others, it does not go this smoothly. Cysts can form around the roots of these molars, leading to possible infections and bone loss in the jaw. Others have pain and inflammation. Some have sinus issues. When any of these issues are present, it is usually recommended to have the wisdom teeth removed to prevent further dental and health problems.
- Can wisdom teeth be removed proactively?
- Wisdom teeth can be extracted proactively to prevent issues or reactively when they begin causing discomfort. You can function perfectly fine without wisdom teeth – some people never get wisdom teeth and millions of people have them removed every year. The procedure is fairly routine, even though it is considered oral surgery. Most people begin healing quickly in a few days and can return to their normal routine.
- Why choose Pure Dental Health as your dentist?
- At Pure Dental Health, we know most people would avoid going to the dentist if they could, especially when it involves extracting teeth. That is why we have made every effort to make our office enticing and comfortable. We treat our patients like family and guests, with many little perks to make their visits fun and enjoyable. Valet parking, flat screen TVs, cozy blankets, a beverage station and an internet bar are just some of our patient amenities. We want our patients to relax while they get the quality dental care we provide, whether it is a routine cleaning or wisdom teeth removal.
- Where should you go to learn more about wisdom teeth removal?
- If you think you may need to have your wisdom teeth removed, come visit us at Pure Dental Health in Buckhead, just up the road from Roswell. Our dental team is experienced, friendly and compassionate to help make the experience as comfortable as possible. We offer sedation options to make the procedure stress and pain-free. Contact Pure Dental Health today to make you appointment with one of our team members and learn more about all our services. Ask about what dental insurances we accept – most likely we can work with your provider. If needed, we also have in-house payment options to help split up the cost of your treatment.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.