Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Sandy Springs Wisdom Teeth Removal
Many people in their late teens and early twenties are faced with dental problems when their wisdom teeth arrive. These final molars are infamous for causing pain and oral issues, from becoming impacted in the gums to growing in sideways. At Pure Dental Health, we can help those dealing with oral health issues from wisdom teeth. We offer wisdom teeth removal and sedation options for our patients in the Sandy Springs and greater Atlanta area.
- Why do some people have wisdom teeth issues while others have none?
- There are a variety of reasons that determine whether your wisdom teeth will cause any problems. First of all, it can be genetics. Some people are born with a smaller jaw that is poorly designed to accommodate these large molars. When there is no room for these last molars to come in, they grow in at an angle, often affecting other teeth. In some cases, the teeth never erupt from the gum. Dentists can monitor their growth, but it is hard to predict which way they will grow until they choose their path. While some people have wisdom teeth that grow straight and in their place, many do not and need oral surgery to have them removed.
- What problems can impacted wisdom teeth cause?
- Wisdom teeth that are impacted can cause many different issues. They can grow into the roots of surrounding teeth. They can become infested with cysts or cause inflammation. Teeth alignment can be affected, causing teeth to shift and become crooked. Even if these molars find a path to emerge, they can be difficult to clean and susceptible to decay. For many, having these last molars extracted is the best solution to avoid pain, dental misalignment and many other issues.
- Is wisdom teeth extraction stressful?
- While most people cringe when considering tooth extraction, it does not need to be a stressful experience. At Pure Dental Health, we try to make every visit to our office relaxing and comfortable, even for those facing a wisdom teeth removal procedure. We approach dental care differently; we pamper our patients with perks that make them feel at home and at ease. We designed our office with soothing colors and a modern style, but that is just the beginning. Our patients enjoy the valet parking, free beverage station and our internet bar that is available for their convenience. Warm blankets, scented towels and flat screen TVs are other amenities our guests enjoy during their visits.
- What will happen if you need your wisdom teeth removed?
- If you need to have your wisdom teeth removed, you can trust our experienced to team to make it as pain and stress-free as possible. During your initial exam, our dentist will explain the procedure in detail and answer any questions you have. We offer a few different options for anesthesia, including IV sedation, oral sedation and nitrous oxide. Our team will discuss these options with you and determine which will be best for your procedure. On the day of your procedure, we will make you comfortable and cozy before the treatment. Before you know it, your wisdom teeth will be removed and your mouth will begin healing. In a few days, your mouth should be healed and your wisdom teeth issues will be a thing of the past.
- Are wisdom teeth problems predictable?
- The best option to avoid wisdom tooth problems is to have regular exams to monitor their progress. At Pure Dental Health, our experienced dentists can alert you to any issues with your wisdom teeth growth and recommend extraction if necessary. If your wisdom teeth are already formed but are causing you pain or discomfort, come see us right away. Removal can stop the pain and other issues that can transpire due to these troublesome molars.
Pure Dental Health is your local source in the Sandy Springs area for all your dental needs, including wisdom teeth removal. We accept the majority of dental plans to make our services affordable; we also have financing options. Contact our practice today to schedule your next exam.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.