Your gums are the foundation of your smile. The condition of your gums not only affect the stability and appearance of your teeth but can also impact your overall health. Gum disease is a common, yet serious oral health condition. If allowed to progress, gum disease can lead to tooth loss as well as diabetes, stroke, heart attack and premature birth. At Pure Dental Health in Dunwoody, we take your gum health seriously.
Our Dunwoody office offers a wide variety of effective periodontal treatments with general dentistry including deep cleanings (scaling and root planing), anti-microbial rinses, oral medications and more. We always take an individualized approach to your treatment plan and educate patients on their risk factors for gum disease. Those who smoke or have a family history of gum disease are more susceptible to this type of oral infection.
Symptoms and Causes of Periodontal Disease
Most often, poor oral hygiene is the cause of gum disease. When food debris and plaque are allowed to accumulate along the gum line, bacterial growth and infection can develop within the gum tissues. If left untreated, gum disease can result in the destruction of the gums as well as deterioration of the underlying bone that anchors your teeth in place. At its most advanced stage (periodontitis), patients are at risk for tooth loss as well as serious consequences within their overall health.
By recognizing the symptoms of gum disease at an early stage, patients can more easily reverse the condition. If you experience the following warning signs of periodontal disease, please call our team of skilled Dunwoody dentists for treatment:
- Gums that are swollen, red or bleed easily
- Deep pockets of gum tissue
- Receding gums
- Loose teeth
- Pain or irritation in the gums
Whether you have mild gingivitis or severe periodontitis, you can trust Pure Dental Health to restore your oral health the way you deserve. The periodontal therapies we offer are superior and our approach to patient care is unrivaled. Contact our Dunwoody office today to schedule your gum disease treatment.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.