The Oral Cancer Foundation estimates that over 9,000 Americans die each year from oral cancer. Oral cancer is one of the deadliest cancers primarily because it is often diagnosed too late. Early detection is key for survival, as mouth cancer is easily treated during its beginning stages. At Pure Dental Health, we provide oral cancer screenings as a routine general dentistry service for our Dunwoody patients.
Oral cancer can include a cancerous growth on the lips, tongue, cheeks, floor of the mouth, hard and soft palate, sinuses and throat. While anyone can get oral cancer, those that smoke, consume heavy amounts of alcohol and use tobacco products are at higher risk. Oral cancer does not always produce symptoms in its earliest stages. However, if you notice any of the following oral cancer signs, please schedule an appointment with our Dunwoody dentists as soon as possible:
- Pain in the soft tissues of your mouth
- Lumps in the throat, gums, tongue or mouth
- Sores that do not heal
- White or red spots in the mouth or throat
- Changes to the tissue in the mouth
Identify Mouth Cancer Early
Oral cancer screenings should be performed on a yearly basis. At Pure Dental Health in Dunwoody, we conduct a thorough screening as a part of your routine dental checkup. Our dentists are trained to identify mouth cancer early, which involves detecting minor tissue changes using advanced dental equipment and technology. If there is a suspicious lesion, we will guide you in the appropriate steps for a biopsy and treatment. As a patient of Pure Dental Health, you will quickly discover our dedication to your oral health as well as your overall wellbeing. We take pride in the excellence we provide in preventative dental services, such as routine oral cancer screenings.
To learn about your risk factors for oral cancer or to schedule your oral cancer screening in Dunwoody, please contact our office today. This quick and painless screening can save your life!
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.
We are ready to help!