Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Brookhaven Wisdom Teeth Removal
At Pure Dental Health, we are dedicated to helping our patients care for their beautiful smiles. Usually, this means doing everything in our power to prevent tooth loss of any sort. But when it comes to wisdom teeth, it can often be in the best interest of our patients to remove these pesky last molars. If you are looking for an experienced dentist in the Brookhaven area to inspect and possibly remove your wisdom teeth, we offer a comfortable, relaxed environment with a knowledgeable team to help you through the process.
- When do wisdom teeth arrive?
- During your late teens or early twenties, the last set of molars finally arrive, referred to as your wisdom teeth. These four large molars are positioned at the final spots in your upper and lower sets of teeth. Unfortunately, they don’t always grow in the way they should. A plethora of issues can occur, from these molars growing in sideways to crowding your existing teeth. This can cause pain, along with changes to your alignment and many other problems. If this is the case, it is better to have them removed and protect your oral health from further damage.
- Is it uncomfortable to have wisdom teeth removed?
- Removing your wisdom teeth is a fairly simple procedure. Some people will have all four molars removed, while others may choose to only have those that are causing problems extracted. Once they are removed, the space they occupied will heal quickly, usually in just a few days. At Pure Dental Health, we make the procedure as quick and easy as possible. We offer our patients a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere with cozy blankets, noise cancelling headsets and flat screen TVs during their appointment. In addition, we have sedation options available for those that need a little extra help relaxing during their wisdom teeth removal procedure.
- What are the common issues with wisdom teeth?
- The problem with wisdom teeth is that they come in many years after your other permanent teeth are in place. If you had braces or orthodontics as a teen, your teeth may have been shifted into an alignment that does not leave room for these final molars. In some cases, people have jaws that are just too small to fit these big molars. Others have wisdom teeth that become impacted in the gum and cannot grow into place. When any of these issues happen, it is best to have them removed.
- What problems can wisdom teeth cause?
- If wisdom teeth are allowed to continue growing into place when they are coming in crooked or in limited space, it can be hazardous to your oral health. Cysts can form around the new teeth, causing bone loss and infection. Gums can become inflamed and it can be difficult to keep your teeth clean, allowing cavities to form and the beginning symptoms of gingivitis or gum disease to appear. Many people have their wisdom teeth proactively removed to prevent these type of problems. However, sometimes these molars don’t cause issues until they are already in place and must be reactively extracted. In either case, we can help at Pure Dental Health.
- When should wisdom teeth be removed?
- Your dentist and our team can monitor you or your teen’s wisdom teeth growth and let you know if they should be removed. If you have your wisdom teeth but they are causing pain, discomfort or other issues, it is never too late to have them removed. Just call our office to schedule an exam. Dr. Scott and our team will take the necessary x-rays and fully inspect your teeth to determine the best option for your situation.
At Pure Dental Health, your health, comfort and smile are top priorities. If you need your wisdom teeth removed, we will do everything in our power to make the experience as relaxing and easy as possible. Contact us today to schedule your appointment with one of our friendly team member today.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.