Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Decatur Wisdom Teeth Removal
By the time most people reach their early twenties, they have their four wisdom teeth arrive. For some, this event occurs without incident, the new teeth smoothly forming and coming into their designated place. For others, it is a painful and troublesome experience. When wisdom teeth begin causing oral health and other issues, it is usually best to have them removed. At Pure Dental Health, we offer gentle, caring wisdom teeth removal in our office near Decatur and DeKalb, GA.
- Why do wisdom teeth need to be removed?
- When that third set of molars arrive, there are several things that can go wrong. For some, their jaws are not large enough to accommodate these last molars. As these teeth form and push through the gums, they can put pressure on the teeth around them. If there is not enough room, they can become painfully impacted in the gums. Some wisdom teeth grow in crooked, even coming in sideways. When these types of issues occur, it is usually best to have the molars extracted before more problems present themselves.
- What problems can wisdom teeth cause?
- Troublesome wisdom teeth are not just a bother; they can affect your health and smile. They can shift your teeth out of place – even teeth that have undergone years of expensive orthodontic treatments. Some wisdom teeth can have cysts form around the roots, causing inflammation, infection and even bone loss. With all these possible outcomes, it is often better to nip the issues in the bud and remove these molars at the first sign of any trouble.
- Who should get their wisdom teeth removed?
- At Pure Dental Health, we proactively do everything in our power to help our patients retain their natural teeth. Yet wisdom teeth can be the exception to the rule. If these molars will do more harm than good, it is better to remove them and maintain the existing teeth. After all, you live the first 16-22 years without them; if they will cause harm, it is better to just have them extracted.
- Where can you go near DeKalb for gentle wisdom teeth removal?
- While no one relishes the thought of having a tooth or teeth removed, the procedure is fairly quick and routine. Our dentists are experienced in tooth extraction and provide the best care for you and your teeth during the procedure. We start by making you comfortable in our treatment room with a cozy blanket and access to a flat screen TV and noise cancelling headsets. During your preliminary exam before your procedure, our doctors will explain exactly what to expect and answer any questions you may have to help put you at ease. You will also learn about our sedation options, including nitrous oxide, oral sedation and the most popular, IV sedation. We want you to have all the information you need to feel comfortable before, during and after your procedure. We also want you to feel pampered and well cared for during your visit. Enjoy our many amenities, from valet parking when you arrive to a warm, scented towel after your procedure. We treat all our patients like part of the family and as preferred guests.
- Does Pure Dental Health accept your insurance plan?
- There is no reason to keep wisdom teeth that are causing pain, alignment problems or other issues in your mouth. Even if you have had your wisdom teeth for years, you can have them removed at any time if they have become painful or are just too hard to keep healthy. Contact Pure Dental Health today to schedule your exam and consultation. We accept most dental insurance plans for your convenience. Our friendly team will take care of you from start to finish in our comfortable office in Buckhead, just down the road from Decatur and DeKalb.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.