Let’s Remove Those Wisdom Teeth the Smart, Painless Way
Midtown Wisdom Teeth Removal
Whether you are teen or an adult, wisdom teeth can become a problem for your oral health. While these last molars are meant to be a part of your smile, they do not always arrive without causing pain or other issues. At Pure Dental Health, we offer gentle, expert wisdom teeth removal services for those in Midtown that are experiencing problems with these final molars.
- What are wisdom teeth?
- Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars that you will get, with two on the top and two on the bottom of your jaw. These teeth usually arrive in the late teens or early twenties. For some, these molars emerge without any issues and very little discomfort. For others, pain is just the beginning of the issues that can ensue.
- Can wisdom teeth be removed proactively?
- At Pure Dental Health, our dentist Dr. Scott is experienced in removing troublesome wisdom teeth for our patients. As they develop, he can monitor their progress to identify any issues that may occur as they begin to reach maturity. If needed, he can perform a proactive removal of these molars to protect your oral health and smile. For those who already have wisdom teeth that are causing oral or health issues, it is never too late to extract these molars if they are causing pain or discomfort.
Common Wisdom Teeth Problems
The main problem with wisdom teeth is that they arrive late to the party. All your other teeth are in place and have adjusted to the space in your mouth. Then years later, the wisdom teeth show up, barging their way into your mouth. If there is not enough room or they begin their journey taking a crooked path, these large molars can cause a host of problems, including:
- Growth path. If the wisdom teeth are growing in sideways or pushing against your existing teeth, this can cause alignment issues. Often wisdom teeth can change the position of your teeth and even undo orthodontic treatments. Teeth that are partially in become card to clean and can be a breeding grounds for infection and decay.
- Lack of space. Not everyone’s mouth is equipped to accept wisdom teeth. If there is not enough room left for these last molars, your teeth can become crowded. This can make good oral hygiene difficult, as well as change the position of your teeth and even cause unnecessary pain. When there is not enough room for these teeth, they can become impacted in the gums.
- Bone loss and jaw damage. In severe cases, wisdom teeth can cause cysts around the new teeth that can lead to bone loss and nerve damage. This can lead to infection and other problems.
- Inflammation. If the new molars inflame the gums, a host of issues can follow. Inflammation can make it difficult to effectively clean your teeth, resulting in cavities and possibly gum disease.
- Sinus problems. In some cases, the new molars can cause sinus pain and pressure as they struggle to emerge.
Many of these issues can be painful. If there is any possibility of problems resulting from allowing your wisdom teeth to continue emerging, Dr. Scott will discuss the option of proactively removing them for your oral health.
- Where should I go for wisdom teeth removal?
- At Pure Dental Health, we offer a calm, relaxing environment to pursue wisdom teeth removal. Our office is designed with your comfort in mind, including many amenities such as an internet bar, free beverages, cozy blankets, flat screen TVs and noise-cancelling headsets. We even offer valet parking for our patients as an added luxury. Dr. Scott will discuss all our sedation options with you and ensure that you are well informed about your procedure. If you are looking for a caring, experienced dentist for wisdom teeth removal in the Midtown area, contact Pure Dental Health today to schedule an appointment. We accept most dental plans and have other financing options.
Why Choose Pure Dental?
Simply put, we know what you’re going through, and we want to help!
- Our doctors have extensive education and experience in wisdom teeth extraction and recovery.
- We offer the latest in sedation therapy.
- We provide a treatment plan consistent with your personal dental health.
- Our doctors and dental care team have been recognized for providing exceptional patient care and communication before, during and after treatment. We believe that in addition to good service, patients have a good understanding of the options, recovery, and care.
You can trust Pure Dental for superior, patient-centered care.