Teeth Whitening is now the most requested cosmetic dental treatment. This is not surprising since this single cosmetic dental treatment can dramatically improve your appearance, your self-confidence and even your quality of life. There are a number of reasons why individuals decide to whiten their teeth including the following:
1. to whiten teeth that have become stained due to smoking or consuming foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, soda, berries and red wine
2. to treat the discoloration that occurs as a natural part of the aging process
3. to prepare for an important event such as a wedding, reunion, anniversary or job interview
4. to prepare to start dating again after a divorce or the loss of a spouse or partner
5. as a complement to other cosmetic treatments such as Botox, facial fillers or plastic surgery
The bottom line is that whitening your teeth can greatly enhance and take years off of your appearance. It can also increase your confidence which makes you more attractive to others. This can be important if you are looking to start dating, have an important event coming up or are interviewing for a job.
When you do decide to whiten your teeth, there are many options from which to choose. There are a variety of over-the-counter whitening products that can be used to whiten your teeth, however, they differ widely in their effectiveness and some can even be harmful to your dental health. For this reason, the American Dental Association recommends whitening your teeth under the supervision of a dentist. Most dentists offer two options for teeth whitening: take-home kits and in-office treatments. The take-home kits produce gradual results and can be used over and over again, as needed. The in-office procedure produces dramatic results in a single appointment lasting for a little over an hour. Both of these methods have certain advantages and disadvantages. Your dentist can help you determine which method is better suited for you based on your lifestyle, your budget and your dental health.
If dingy discolored teeth are causing you to lose confidence and are negatively affecting your quality of life, talk to your dentist today about whitening your teeth. Enjoy your whiter, brighter, more beautiful smile!
Posted on Behalf of Dr. Justin Scott, Pure Dental Health